Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter and Griffin's 1st birthday....

We have had a busy 10 days! My best friend came in from DC with her 2 boys last weekend! We had the best time! Her boys are the age of Ava and Sarah-Tate; I wasn't really sure how they would all get along but they did great! Sarah-Tate and Gabriel were like 2 peas in a pod! They had the best time together! They left Monday and then it was time for school mode and Easter parties along w/packing for an Easter/birthday trip to GiGi and Poppy's farm in NC. We left Wednesday after Ava got out of school. That actually worked out nice! The kids always do great on the 8 hr car ride, thankfully!!!

The kids had an amazing time on the farm! They spent time Thursday and Friday with their Aunt Lillie. They love her so, so much! I spent lots of time with her as a child so she loves having my girls! Mom and I shopped for last minute Easter stuff and birthday stuff for Griffin's big 1st birthday!

Matt(my hubby) finally got to go mountain biking at Dupont! He has been dying to go for so long! Everytime we head home he always has plans to go but it never happens! Thankfully this time he went and had a wonderful Saturday! While he was biking my mom and I took the girls to an Easter Egg Hunt and to visit my grandmother who is 91! We had so much fun! I love seeing family and hate that we live so far away sometimes! I love seeing the kids interacting with their family! So awesome!

We had an extra special treat Saturday afternoon, my dad took everyone to a farm close to their farm. The owner of the farm said the kids could come and visit his baby goats, sheep, lambs, donkeys, roosters and chickens!!! Wow, what an amazing time!!! Ava really loved the animals! She was petting and holding the babies. Sarah-Tate wasn't so sure? The baby goats were playful, they would run and jump on you! They were cute but scared Sarah-Tate. Eventually she warmed up to them. That was such a special treat!

We had a wonderful Easter morning! The kids loved their baskets! Sarah-Tate asked for a Dora Princess Doll and Ava asked for a Bug Sucking Gun! Funny I know but Ava LOVES bugs! She spent all day Sunday searching for bugs and catching them! She even got her cousins all involved! So cute!

Here is an Easter picture! And yes, that is a big bunny behind Sarah-Tate! My mom does gourd art and makes amazing stuff! Here is her website! http://www.simplygourdgeouslive.com/


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment