Monday, December 5, 2011

Thankful for so much!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! We went to my inlaws- the kids love being there! They love seeing their cousin Meagan who goes to college near my inlaws. And they enjoyed meeting her new boyfriend Ian. He was great with the kids! So cute!

We headed out of town Wednesday afternoon; we were worried traffic would be crazy! Traffic wasn't bad after all! We had a nice drive south with the kids and the dog! We arrived around 11pm. The kids always get a second wind when we arrive late! They had fun running aroung and showing all their new stuff to grandma and grandpa. Grandma made a wonderful bread pudding! YUM!

Thanksgiving Day was busy getting ready for the big meal! My mother-in-law got a new stove and hasn't fully figured it out. Well, we put the turkey in to cook and 30 minutes later I realized that the turkey wasn't cooking b/c the oven wasn't on! :( So, we started over again! Luckily, grandpa took the kids on a boat ride! That helped a lot!

We had a great dinner with turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, gravy, rolls and yummy cranberries! I love Thanksgiving! I don't eat the turkey but everything else is awesome! I know... I don't eat the turkey on Thanksgiving? Strange? I am not much of a meat eater- for some reason turkey isn't my thing at all!

Friday morning I got up bright and early to go shopping. I found a few good deals. I don't think they have the deals  they used to have on Black Friday unless you are going to Best Buy or Walmart? I enjoyed getting out and into the spirit! I also found my new favorite thing! Unsweet tea from DunkinDonuts with coconut added! YUM! Love it!

After my shopping spree we headed to the G Whiz museum- so fun! Ava totally loved it! She got to hold a snake! There were so many fun things to do there!

Saturday we went to a new beach to shell hunt and have a picnic! Ava found some nice shells! We had a great time hunting and having a picnic! After we headed to Nokomis Groves! They have amazing soft serve orange, vanilla, lime, chocolate and pineapple ice cream! It is a great treat! Lime and chocolate is so, so good!

The trip was awesome! Leaving on Monday was sad as always! I love family times! Matt works a lot and is often busy- being on vacation is nice! We miss seeing him but are thankful for his job!!!








Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment