Thursday, March 22, 2012

Christmas and other stuff....

Wow, such a long time without blogging! Well, Christmas was wonderful! We headed to NC to be with my family this year. That is getting harder and harder! We have 3 kids, a dog, the 2 of us, all our luggage and then all the presents! Wow, our van was FULL! But, we made the trip and the kids were beyond excited to be at the farm for Christmas! We had a full schedule as always! The first night my aunts, uncles, brother, sisterinlaw and cousin came up for supper. The next day was shopping and last minute stuff. Saturday, Christmas Eve we spend the day cooking for a mid-afternoon lunch/dinner. I made hashbrown casserole, poppyseed salad and made from scratch red velvet cake! YUM! The cake was almost a disaster b/c Mr Griffin upped the temp on my mom's oven! Thankfully I smelled it before it was too late. He is a mess!

We had a wonderful get together! My sweet 92 year old mamaw came! I love her and miss her so much! Wish we lived closer!

Christmas Day was wonderful! The kids got an overload of STUFF! Ava and Sarah-Tate were so proud and happy to finally have an American Girl Doll from Santa! They both asked for Kanani, doll of the year! They also got games, dolls clothes, books and the list goes on and on! Griffin got a John Deere Tractor from my mom and dad that he can ride on! Oh, that was it for Griffin! He is obsessed with that thing! Loves it! After presents we had our traditional breakfast of biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage, eggs, grits and homemade jelly. Once everyone was settled mom and I went to visit Mamaw were she is staying. She is so cute, I hope I live to be 92 and have all my kids love me as much as we love her.

On Sunday Ava had a sleepover with her cousin Caroline. She had waited all week for this special moment! They were all so cute and excited!

Funny how you plan for so long but the trip is so, so fast! When we got back into town Matt's mom and dad came up from Sarasota! It was nice seeing them. The kids were excited of course for round 2 of Christmas! Unfortunately, Griffin got really sick New Year's Eve! Matt and I ended up spending our night in the ER downtown. Turns out he had a hernia and hydrocele. It was an awful night. They had such a hard time getting an IV in him and he was miserable, crying. So sad! :( Thankfully he got treated and sent home. We ended up having surgery at the end of Jan. He did awesome and is all good now! Yay! Can't believe he is almost 2!!! Time flies!

Some Christmas pics....







No comments:

Post a Comment